Guests' comments  


Milos Sightseeing

Sights, Lithos Luxury Rooms: Milos Island rooms pool sea view
Sights, Lithos Luxury Rooms: Milos Island rooms pool sea view
Book online


  • The Archaeological Museum of Milos is housed in a neoclassical building designed and constructed in 1870 by the famous German architect Ernest Chiller. There you will see a copy of the exceptional statue of the Venus of Milos which is in the Louvre Museum. There are also exhibits from the 6th century BC until the Roman and the Hellenistic era. Grave pithos, impressive vases, obsidian tools and weapons, coins, as well as plaques with the ancient alphabet of Milos, consisted of 21 letters, and many more, will travel you back to antiquity.
  • The Church of Aghia Triada, near the beach of Adamas, built in 824 AD, hosts the Ecclesiastical Museum. The only hagiography gallery found in the temple dates from the 14th century.
  • The Folklore and Historical Museum of Milos, in Plaka, is housed in a building characteristic of the 19th century traditional architecture. Wax figures with traditional costumes, hand-woven textiles, utensils and tools, make up the scenery of old times.
  • The Milos Mining Museum, located in Adamas, aims to highlight the mining history of Milos, which dates from the Neolithic era. Information and images on mining, instruments and tools used throughout the centuries, as well as minerals and fossils will certainly make a lasting impression on you.
  • The Naval Museum of Milos, addressed to both experts and non-experts, presents exhibits carefully collected by old seamen, dating from the Neolithic period with tools made of obsidian stone and the naval battle of Salamis, to the newer years.
  • Unique in size in Greece and one of the most remarkable catacombs along with Rome and the Holy Land, "Τhe Catacombs of Milos"are located on a slope near the village of Tripiti. They were discovered in 1840 by illicit antiquity dealers. There are three catacombs and their total length is 185 m. We can see tombs and sites where the first Christians performed mysteries, and also inscriptions above the graves of the first Christian martyrs.
  • On the east side of the island, in the bay of Paliorema, there are old quarries where sulfur was mined (sulfur mines) and the remnants of the factory that operated until 1956.
  • In Adamas there is one of the largest conference centers in Greece, "George Iliopoulos". It is built on an area of 10 acres with many back offices and modern facilities and can accommodate up to 320 conferrers.
  • As a volcanic island, Milos has many hot springs. The source of Lakkos in Adamas, located in a cave, is recommended as a healing bath for all kinds of degenerative osteoarthropathy, myalgia and neuralgia. 
  • During the Crimean War (1853-1856), France, as a friend and ally, created a military cemetery in Milos, on the coastal area of Bombarda, in Adamas, for the burial of the French sailors who lost their lives during the war. The French Cemetery, known to the locals as "Fragomnimata" (French graves), situated at the entrance of the port of Adamas, is for us a place of memory and honor to those who died for our freedom. Inside the cemetery still remain important inscriptions and the site is an attraction for French tourists. I cite one of these inscriptions as an example: LA FRANCE A SES MARINS ET SES SOLDATS MORTS ET INHUMES A MILO 1897 (France to its sailors and soldiers who died and who were buried in Milos in 1897) (At the entrance of the harbor, overlooking the sea.)